- Variable-speed drive
- See VSD
- See tanks and vats
- Vending machines
- The National Union of Students has a range of useful
Reducing Energy Guides
covering vending machines for food and drink (both heated and cooled) including also photo
booths, slot machines, and advertising signs. (Link dated 9 Jan 2013)
- Ventilation losses
- Pathway for heat loss from a building in which fresh air brought
in to the space must be heated to the occupied temperature
while air which has previously been heated is discharged.
- Voltage optimisation
- Marketing misnomer signifying reduction of mains supply
voltage which results in reduced power consumption in some classes of
connected equipment. More..
- Variable refrigerant flow: a control regime for cooling systems in which
flow and return temperatures of the circulating chilling medium are held
constant with output varied by regulating the flow.
- Variable-speed drive: technique for reducing the
power consumed in equipment driven by synchronous electric motors.
Try our on-line simulation
- Variable temperature (in the context of heat distribution circuits)