- T5, T8, T12
- Designations of tubular lamps of 5/8, 8/8, or 12/8 inch diameter respectively.
See comparison chart.
- Tanks and vats
- Process equipment in which there may be opportunities for reduction
of heat loss (particularly from open liquid surfaces) and mechanical
power used in stirring or agitation. More..
- Either best achievable consumption - that which would be expected in the
avoidable inefficiency and loss (operating target) -
or a lower, more challenging, level of consumption
which may not be achievable without exceptional effort (aspiration target).
Read about methods of setting
- Total dissolved solids: measurable attribute of water in a steam boiler.
High TDS levels cause operational problems but excessive use of blowdown to
reduce TDS carries a cost penalty in wasted energy and treatment chemicals.
- Test equipment
- See this recommended list of
- See what courses are currently available from
vesma.com. There is also
a list of other known providers.
- In steam systems a device which permits passage of condensate but not steam.
Defective and bypassed traps waste steam.
- Travel and transport
- Read article
- Thermostatic radiator valve. Self-acting control device regulating
the water flow to a heat emitter such as a radiator.
- Transmission use of system: charges incurred for transmitting
electricity across the National Grid network from the source of
generation to the network of the local distribution company.
- Twenty-year average degree days
- Published for standard UK regions and used as a means of estimating
future monthly degree-day values, principally for budget estimation.
Download Excel tabulation