- Nameplate rating
- Rated power consumption of a device e.g. an electric motor. Can be used as the basis of
estimating energy consumption over a given time period.
- Net or lower calorific value: heat released in combustion of a unit quantity of fuel,
not counting latent heat of vaporisation of water in the products of combustion (contrast
- Witty neologism intended to connote energy saving as an alternative to
the deployment of additional supply capacity.
- Newsletters, energy snippets for
- See Reditorial pages of this web site
- Adjustment of observed energy consumption to standardised conditions for the purposes of fair
comparison through time or between similar installations or both. See
this page for a set of UK standard degree-day values and a brief description of
how weather-related loads should be normalised
- Net Present Value. The present value of future cash flows discounted at a
chosen rate to reflect the effect of postponement